Pressure Safety and Process Design Engineer
Job Type: Contract at ARLANXEO Canada Inc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering minimum
- P. Eng. (Professional Engineers of Ontario or equivalent) preferred
Qualifications / Experience:
- 10+ years’ experience in process design in petrochemical / refining
- Polymer / rubber manufacturing experience is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience working directly for manufacturing facility as employee or seconded
- Site wide pressure safety assessment (lead role preferred)
- New plant / major revamp design (lead role preferred)
- Process simulation software (HYSYS / ASPEN / EDR / Fluid Flow)
- Independently undertake feasibility studies, conceptual / front end designs and detailed process designs
- Generate process design reports and review findings and obtain buy in from stakeholders
- Lead safety and environmental reviews
- Site pressure safety assessments (Flare and relief systems)
- Mentor junior engineers
- Interact with vendors and evaluate bid packages
- Efficient, independent, technically strong and results / detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact w various stakeholders
- Knowledge of all conventional unit operations and associated equipment
- Familiar with all aspects of process design including
- Design Basis Specification
- Project Justification, Cost Estimates and Economic Analysis
- Heat and Mass Balances
- Drawing updates (PFD / P&ID)
- Safety Engineering (Process Safety Reviews / Safety Instrumented Systems)
- Environmental impact evaluation
- Process Control Systems
Please email resume to email@example.com.
Candidates may be subject to a Criminal Record Search.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Braun-Valley Associates is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. Appropriate accommodations will be made available throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Please inform us, at 519-336-4590 or through our email, of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation.
Applying to this position does not constitute employment or an employment agreement between you and Braun-Valley Associates.