Job Type: Permanent
As an Operation Manager you will assess, monitor and direct work carried out for the Division by our Industrial and Chemical Cleaning Operators. You will ensure compliance with company Safety standards and policies and apply the rules stipulated by the regulatory authorities.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Requires 8 – 10 years’ experience in a similar position or combination of knowledge of the industrial cleaning or chemical industry and equivalent experience in management.
- Requires experience leading in a unionized work environment.
- Demonstrates experience building a strong Safety culture in an industrial setting.
- Strong working knowledge of Ontario Health & Safety regulations.
- Experience in hydro blasting, tank cleaning and working with high pressure pumps is preferred.
- Requires a secondary school diploma or equivalent work experience in the heavy industrial construction or chemical industry.
- Proficient in Google Suite.
- Protect the workers’ health and safety, including verifying personal protective equipment availability, confirming that the equipment is used appropriately by our Operators while operating on the customer site, guaranteeing equipment cleanliness, and analyzing risks and making the customer site secure.
- Assess future work in conjunction with the client’s representatives and assist senior management to prepare bids for future work.
- Manage resources to ensure operating costs are in line with budgeted and projected revenue.
- Obtain work permits and liaise with the client’s representative for work procedures (entry into confined spaces, lockout, etc.).
- Coordinate work preparation according to ongoing contracts in conjunction with the appropriate departments and representatives.
- Manage the different teams on the work sites and be responsible for the safe execution of high pressure and chemical cleaning operations/projects.
- Manage personnel including performance, training and development and scheduling.
- Guarantee the respect and application of the policies and procedures established by the Company, the clients and government agencies.
- Visit work sites and assess working methods and profitability.
- Organize health & safety breaks, site visits and audits of ongoing work.
- Prepare work during scheduled work stoppages in the clients’ premises.
- Complete the documents relating to hazardous situations, near misses, incidents and accidents at work.
- Attend monthly Health & Safety Committee meetings.
- When requested by Senior Management, carry out any work associated with his/her functions.
- Demonstrated leadership, strong communication skills and good observation skills.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness and initiative.
- Strong Business acumen
- Document control experience, budgeting, scheduling and management experience
- Time management and attention to detail
Please email resume to email@example.com.
Candidates may be subject to a Criminal Record Search.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Braun-Valley Associates is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. Appropriate accommodations will be made available throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Please inform us, at 519-336-4590 or through our email, of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation.
Applying to this position does not constitute employment or an employment agreement between you and Braun-Valley Associates.