Job Type: Permanent
The Operations Manager is a senior leadership role responsible for directing the production/ fabrication, warehousing and customer service operations, authorizing sales and service for the company’s Southwestern Region of Ontario. Limited travel within Southwestern Ontario with occasional travel to Ohio required.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor Degree is required, preferably in business or engineering. Masters level degree or equivalent is desirable (same focus).
- 3 years minimum of management/leadership experience
- 2 years minimum of technical experience in engineering processes
- 1 year minimum of customer service or sales experience
- 2 years minimum of production supervision experience
- Industry experience in instrumentation or process industries
- Proficient using internet and Microsoft Office suite (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required; experience with SharePoint, MS CRM and IMS and/or SAP software is desirable
- Working knowledge of engineering principles
- Ability to read and understand CAD drawings, fluid system schematics, P&ID’s, blueprints and/or diagrams
- Basic knowledge of quality systems and process standards
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and complex problems
- Strong working knowledge or standard business practices and protocols
- Knowledge of broad range of fluid system components and applications is desirable
- Valid driver license required
- Will be required to pass annual visual acuity test
- Play a significant role in the company’s long-term planning, including initiatives focused on operational excellence
- Oversee the shipping, receiving and warehouse team
- Oversee the team of technicians and support staff to produce assemblies and custom fabrications
- Oversee the team that provides customer service and quote/order processing.
- Work with our Quality Management Representative to ensure all team members are following standard work and are trained and certified properly.
- Work with our corporate manufacturing partner to ensure all assemblies are produced and delivered in compliance with Swagelok’s quality standards.
- Active engagement with continuous improvement education & training and professional & personal development in alignment with company programs
- Collaborate with our sales team to provide the products, capabilities and deliveries that allow us to service and grow our customer base in alignment to our strategic direction
- Ability to lead by example and demonstrate accountability, teamwork and agility in order to inspire a successful team
- Support and drive a culture that promotes quality, safety, efficiency and teamwork
- Accelerate the performance of direct reports through coaching, leveraging performance conversations and clear goal-setting
- Assist with all other duties assigned
- Proven personal and professional development
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Developing Others: coaching, challenging assignments, accountability, results focused
- Engagement: collaboration, communications, organizational awareness, relationship management, results focused
- Enabling Change: visioning, change facilitator, inspirational, risk management/tolerance
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills, strong team player with high level of initiative
- Able to meet assignment schedules and deliver quality results under pressure
- Effective communicate to all levels of management
- Strong leadership, technical and mechanical aptitude
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates may be subject to a Criminal Record Search.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Braun-Valley Associates is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. Appropriate accommodations will be made available throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Please inform us, at 519-336-4590 or through our email, of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation.
Applying to this position does not constitute employment or an employment agreement between you and Braun-Valley Associates.