Job Type: Permanent
- Is responsible for conducting routine service on vehicles and for diagnosing and completing repairs on customer vehicles.
- Is the most up-to-date person in the dealership with regard to the technical aspects of vehicles.
- Works closely with the Parts Department and with the Service Consultant.
- Uses the computer to determine how long a given repair or service will take and keeps the Service Consultant or Manager abreast of repair progress so that additional work may be scheduled.
- Is a good communicator, immediately telling the Service Consultant and Parts Department if a part needs to be ordered and asking for clarification if a work order is not clear or seems incorrect.
- Is capable of correctly performing complicated repair sequences according to established procedures.
- Knows the shop area and the availability of special tools that might be needed.
- Is detail oriented & writes on the work order the repairs completed, the parts required, & the labour to be charged.
- Documents any other vehicle problems that were noted during servicing.
- Should be capable of working independently, managing his or her time and work flow.
- Diagnosing Vehicle Situations
- Completing Vehicle Maintenance and/or Repairs
- Quality Control
- Interdepartmental Relations
- Continuous Improvement
- Customer Enthusiasm
- Organizing and Planning
- Fixed Operations Manager,
- Service Manager or Shop Foreman
Management/Business Skills Required:
- Knowledge of automotive systems and the ability to explain systems and repairs to others
- Willingness and ability to maintain current product and technical knowledge
- Appropriate technical certifications
- Ability to diagnose vehicle problems and interpret work orders
- Ability and desire to repair vehicles correctly the first time
- Ability to diagnose vehicle problems other than those on the work order or those described by the customer
- Ability to estimate time of service or repair job for purposes of efficient scheduling
- Knowledge of parts requirements to complete a job, and ability to communicate parts requirements via repair orders
- Ability to maintain communication with Service Consultants and Parts Department
- Knowledge of approved and established procedures for conducting service and repairs
- Ability to document repairs performed on completed customer service orders
- Ability to stay current by attending technical training schools and by reading and understanding service manuals, technical bulletins, etc.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with the quality control & inspection requirements of the Service Dept.
- Ability to clock on and clock off when working on a repair
- Any and all other duties assigned, or delegated, from time to time, by your immediate supervisor, by an upper Manager, or by the President of our Company.
Work Orientation Factors
- Contact with Service Consultants and customers from a variety of backgrounds
- Contact with people in all dealership departments
- Considerable detail-oriented paperwork (documentation of repairs, charges, etc.)
What the Worker is Like?
- Is technically competent with regard to automotive systems in general and the company’s products in particular, and must continually upgrade his or her technical knowledge.
- Typically comes from a technical college or high school student co-op program as well as from other retail facilities and service outlets.
- Is capable of working congenially among other Technicians and Service Consultants and can help them when needed.
- Must work well with the Parts Department to ensure that parts are ordered.
- May interact directly with customers to explain vehicle problems and the steps taken to correct the problems.
- Must be well-organized and systematic in approaching this job.
- Must have a good work ethic, a positive attitude, and a strong desire to repair customers’ vehicles correctly.
What the Work is Like?
The work of the Technician:
- Must be done efficiently and correctly to help ensure the success of the Service Department.
- Involves analyzing work orders carefully to understand a vehicle’s condition, the accuracy of the diagnosis, and what work has been agreed to.
- Requires understanding which parts and tools will be required for a given repair or service and ensuring their availability.
- Entails the ability to repair vehicles quickly and under stress, clocking on and clocking off the repairs, and staying with a planned schedule for the day or adapting to changes as needed.
- Requires conforming to quality control and inspection policies and procedures that protect the Technician and the vehicle during servicing.
- From an administrative standpoint is centred on completing work orders and on documenting with consistent accuracy the repairs conducted, the parts required, and the labour involved.
Please email resume to email@example.com.
Candidates may be subject to a Criminal Record Search.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Braun-Valley Associates is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. Appropriate accommodations will be made available throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Please inform us, at 519-336-4590 or through our email, of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation.
Applying to this position does not constitute employment or an employment agreement between you and Braun-Valley Associates.