Maintenance Supervisor- Operations
Our client is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor who will provide input and lead the day-to-day implementation of plant maintenance related strategies, including but not limited to: all equipment purchasing requests, equipment and parts inventory management, process control repairs / improvements, equipment quality control, detailed planning to follow preventative maintenance schedule, and general employee engagement with the maintenance team. The maintenance strategy and overall planning is led and signed off by the Co-Head of Plant Operations who is also the Engineering Project Manager for the group. The individual will report to the Engineering Project Manager and work closely on maintenance strategies, implementation timetables and budgets. To roll out the implementation of the maintenance strategy, the individual will work closely with the production, terminal, lab, administrative and health and safety teams to communicate ongoing work and collaboratively resolve all maintenance related activities in a timely manner. The successful candidate for this opportunity must be a hands-on, boots on the ground, hands on the tools every day, kind of individual.
- 5+ years Industrial Experience
- 3+ years prior experience in a similar role at an industrial processing plant is a plus
- Must be open to work extended hours as plant conditions require
- Holding a current valid Ontario – Third or Fourth Class Operating Engineer’s Certificate or its equivalent, is an asset but not a requirement.
- Trade tickets an asset (millwright, electrical etc.)
- Engineer with hands on experience
- Safe, efficient operation and maintenance of process equipment, steam generation, nitrogen generation, compressor systems, water treatment, service air and cooling water systems (chiller/cooling tower)
- Schedule and implement the corrective and preventative tasks in order to properly maintain process and utility operations within the facility, working with external contractors in conjunction with the operations process team.
- Trouble-shoot equipment performance issues, mechanical problems and equipment failures.
- Perform routine daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance programs of all electrical and mechanical operating systems and rotating equipment to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair to avoid failure of equipment.
- The incumbent is the company representative along with both Co-Heads of Plant Operations in ensuring compliance with the regulations and inspections required under the Ontario TSSA Regulations, and other authorities (ECA etc)
- Manage and improve spare parts inventories.
- Develop and continuously improve maintenance program using internal facility resources.
- Strong engagement in the Health and Safety culture within the facility.
- Provide leadership and direction to the operational team and foster a continuous improvement philosophy.
- Must be able to deliver measurable results and follow the maintenance implementation schedule on budget and on time.
- Complete and participate in the development of safety documents to support the specific operating activities through obtaining all adequate permits and following Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintaining inventory of spare parts, ordering day to day parts including planning for parts order for scheduled maintenance activities
- Order and procurement of equipment for repairs and/or improvements
- Working knowledge of preventative maintenance strategies, metrics and systems.
- Team player with good communication skills and a high level of safety awareness.
- Candidate must be reliable, punctual and self- motivated with ability to work with minimum supervision on time sensitive projects.
- Candidate must have proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong leader with superior organization and execution experience.
- Ability to effectively plan and lead others in execution.
- High degree of functional knowledge displaying technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Working knowledge of industrial controls systems is critical to the overall operations.
- Experience with machinery condition monitoring, life assessment, and repair strategies.
- Support process group to resolve reoccurring issues with HVAC, Steam System (boilers), Chillers, Compressors, and process equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to concisely break down and complex issues and instructions.
- Demonstrated the ability to work with vendors & suppliers to collect information and provide strong recommendations to the management team.
- Ability to manage time effectively given competing priorities.
- Manage contractors providing improvement services to the facility such as PM Maintenance.
- Previous distillation experience in a chemical processing, refining background, liquid processing or food oil processing background
- Previous experience in a continuous improvement environment with a cost savings mindset
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates may be subject to a Criminal Record Search.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Braun-Valley Associates is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. Appropriate accommodations will be made available throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Please inform us, at 519-336-4590 or through our email, of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation.
Applying to this position does not constitute employment or an employment agreement between you and Braun-Valley Associates.