Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
Job Type: Contract at ARLANXEO Canada Inc.
- Instrumentation Technology Diploma minimum
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- P. Eng. (Professional Engineers of Ontario or equivalent) preferred
Qualifications / Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in Instrumentation & Control Systems design
- Petrochemical / refinery manufacturing experience is preferred
- 3+ years’ experience working directly for manufacturing facility as employee or seconded
- Experience in support of instrumentation commissioning and checkout
- Interpret detailed process design documentation (PFDs/P&IDs, process control narratives, project scope requirements) and develop I&C construction packages
- Create instrumentation specification sheets for review with stakeholders and for purchase
- Generate instrumentation check-out packages and proof test procedure
- Participate in safety and environmental reviews
- Interface between the project engineer and vendors
- Interact with vendors and evaluate bid packages
- Efficient, independent, technically strong and results / detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact with various stakeholders
- Knowledge of all conventional unit operations and associated equipment
- Familiar with all aspects of Instrumentation & Controls Design including:
- Process Safety Engineering (Process Safety Reviews / Safety Instrumented Systems)
- Process Control Systems – Foxboro DCS preferred
- PLC programming experience – Trident & RSLogix 5000 preferred
- General knowledge of SIL calculations – ExSilentia preferred
Please email resume to email@example.com.
Candidates may be subject to a Criminal Record Search.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Braun-Valley Associates is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. Appropriate accommodations will be made available throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Please inform us, at 519-336-4590 or through our email, of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation.
Applying to this position does not constitute employment or an employment agreement between you and Braun-Valley Associates.