Job Type: Contract
As part of the Central HSEQ Group, the Industrial Hygienist is accountable for providing managers, supervisors and employees with knowledge and technical expertise in areas of Industrial Hygiene, as well as legislative compliance. The Hygienist coordinates and continuously improve the site Industrial Hygiene measures in order to facilitate safe and efficient operational excellence for Sarnia Site.
Qualifications / Experience:
- HSE work experience preferred.
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes).
- Problem solving skills, leadership courses and business management courses preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in industrial hygiene field.
- Preferred background and education in industrial hygiene including professional designation.
- Develop and execute industrial hygiene plan (ie. exposure monitoring, noise, light surveys, heat stress, etc.)
- Coordinate Asbestos Assessment program, including ensuring surveys are completed, air clearance monitoring, updating SOP’s and providing awareness training as required.
- Provide expertise on safety related topics including: Compliance with OHSA) and its accompanying regulations as well as CSA standards.
- Evaluate new safety equipment to be used on site.
- Update various safety programs, standards and safety training that falls under industrial hygiene. Ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Work with the Turnaround Safety Lead to develop sampling plan for site Turnarounds. Assist the Site Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) with management of Radiation Safety Program as required.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills, strong team player with high level of initiative
- Able to meet assignment schedules and deliver quality results under pressure
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates may be subject to a Criminal Record Search.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Braun-Valley Associates is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. Appropriate accommodations will be made available throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Please inform us, at 519-336-4590 or through our email, of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation.
Applying to this position does not constitute employment or an employment agreement between you and Braun-Valley Associates.