Control Systems Technician -Certified Electrician
As the Control Systems Technician you will provide daily hands on support within the Maintenance Department to install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair the site’s instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Licensed Electrician (Construction and Maintenance, 309A)
- Certified Industrial Instrumentation & Controls Technician (Advantageous)
- 5-10 years practical experience in the Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation field
- PLC Programming experience (GE PLCs Advantageous)
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to all permitting and job task planning requirements.
- Ensure functionality of site equipment and PLC Programming by completing preventive maintenance requirements, by following procedures, diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning instrumentation and locate sources of problems by observing devices in operation and using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removal and replacement or repairs of defective instrumentation and equipment.
- As the last line of defense, prior to installation, ensure that equipment, MRO and parts meet quality requirements and design specifications.
- Establish and perform PM requirements for process controls and other related plant equipment, submit recommendations, and ensure follow up of corrective actions.
- Collaborate to develop the site reliability and operations continuity plans.
- Supervise and coordinate with contract workers.
- Strong technical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Team player.
- Able to work with minimum supervision within a multi-discipline team.
- Dayshifts – must be available for overtime, if required by site.
Please email resume to email@example.com.
Candidates may be subject to a Criminal Record Search.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Braun-Valley Associates is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. Appropriate accommodations will be made available throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Please inform us, at 519-336-4590 or through our email, of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation.
Applying to this position does not constitute employment or an employment agreement between you and Braun-Valley Associates.