Automation / Electrical Technician
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Welland, Ontario
Our client is currently seeking a skilled Controls Technician to support day to day operations and new projects.
The experienced candidate will be responsible for the servicing, commissioning and troubleshooting of all utility and production related equipment and work closely with the Management team in achieving day to day production goals.
Qualifications / Experience:
– Minimum 5+ years of experience working in a production facility supporting day to day improvements
– Have a basic knowledge of PLC programming to assist with diagnosing problems and Allen Bradley hardware
– Have a basic knowledge of Rockwell Automation Software
– Basic knowledge of programming Allen Bradley variable frequency drives
– Capable of working with outside contractors to help with the replacement and installation of existing and new equipment
– Capable of reading and interpreting engineering blueprints, specifications and creating technical scopes of work to execute new projects
– Capability to re-program / diagnosing instrumentation issues and setpoints using a HART
– Perform routine daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance all electrical systems at the request of the Maintenance Supervisor and Plant Manager
– Complete monthly inventories of the spare parts and determine additional spare parts to improve day to day reliability
– Assist the Maintenance Supervisor in the develop and continuously improve maintenance program using internal facility resources
– Strong engagement in the Health and Safety culture within the facility
– Provide leadership and direction to the operational team and foster a continuous improvement philosophy
– Assist in the development and execute capital projects within the facility with the assistance of the Process Engineer
– Must be able to deliver measurable results and follow the maintenance implementation schedules
– Perform service, start-ups, repairs, trouble-shoot, preventative maintenance service, ongoing and periodic inspections, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested
– Must keep current on all products in the market, operation, maintenance, service requirement, calibrations and repair while closely working with the Production and Plant Management
– Provide technical support and basic training to operators and supervisor to assist them in their existing roles
– Assist with basic electrical disconnects of critical equipment in the MCC and field to help support emergency maintenance
– Trouble shoot equipment starters and variable frequency drives if rotating equipment is not operating properly.
– The individual must be available occasional after hours to help assist any issues that arise during the 24/7 operation
– Self-paced physical work involving significant computer and field leadership time
– Leading and attending meetings as required
– Combination of climate-controlled office environment, processing plant, and outside storage and terminals
– Some exposure to extreme weather conditions at certain times of the year
– Work is often fast paced and subject to time constraints
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates may be subject to a Criminal Record Search.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Braun-Valley Associates is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. Appropriate accommodations will be made available throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Please inform us, at 519-336-4590 or through our email, of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation.
Applying to this position does not constitute employment or an employment agreement between you and Braun-Valley Associates.